Acoustic Compass. Live Albaycin
- MusicA project that contains musicians from Greece, Syria, Israel and the Netherlands that bring together musical elements of traditions located in the four cardinal points. The artistic goal of Acoustic Compass is to initiate a musical conversation through which the musicians are compelled to explore and entangle seemingly incompatible musical styles.
- Michalis Cholevas (Tarhu, Ney)
- Rembrandt Frerichs (Grand Piano -- Berdux)
- Tony Overwater (Acoustic Bass)
- Oded Tzur (Saxophone)
- Bassem Alkhouri (Kanun, Vocals)
- SpaceThis album is a live performance recorded in the central courtyard of El Palacio del Conde de Cabra. A 17th century Palace located in the Albayzin of Granada, the ancient Moorish neighborhood that faces the Alhambra.
This palace was recently restored to its traditional Mudejar origins, using only traditional materials of the kind used in its first construction 400 years ago. It was the perfect environment for this performance where freshly interpreted ancient musical styles resonated new life into these centuries old walls.
- EarthThis album goes to benefit the reforestation project around Junglewood. A new artistic community and performance art center in early development at the edge of the Mamoni Valley Preserve, situated on the continental divide in Panama. Mamoni is a nature reserve currently encompassing more than 10,000 acres of rainforest. Co-founded by Earthtrain and Grammy Award-winning Jazz pianist, Danilo Perez. Junglewood is dedicated to providing settings conducive to artistic expression in creative harmony with nature.